Brackett & Ellis attorneys have extensive experience advising and representing clients in a full range of employment matters. Our attorneys represent clients before federal and state agencies, investigate and litigate employment claims, and appear before both federal and state district and appellate courts throughout Texas. We also advise and counsel employers on best practices for recruitment, hiring, work rules, and employee policies and benefit plans.
Brackett & Ellis is recognized as a Top Ranked Law Firm by Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review, signifying that over 50% of our attorneys hold an AV Preeminent Peer Review rating by Martindale-Hubbell its highest designation for ethical standards and legal ability. Our attorneys have been selected by their peers for inclusion in a number of regional and national publications for achieving a high degree of professional achievement employment law and business litigation.
- Here is a representative sample of our work:
- Defendants' Response in Opposition to Plaintiffs' Motion to Conditionally Certify a Collective Action in Miller v. Team Go Figure, LLP, No. 3:13-CV-1509 (N.D. Tex. 2014) (successfully defeated plaintiffs' request for class certification under FLSA)
- Brief for Appellees in Draper v. KK Ford, 2006 U.S. App. LEXIS 21464 (5th Cir. 2006) (successfully defended employee's claim for discrimination claiming wrongful termination under the disabilities law)
- Brief for Duncanville ISD in Moore v. Duncanville ISD, 358 Fed. Appx. 515 (5th Cir. 2009) (successfully defended school district in an employment matter alleging discriminatory discharge from employment)
- Brief for Glen Rose ISD in Ogletree v. Glen Rose Independent School District, 314 S.W.3d 450 (Tex. App.-Waco 2010, pet. denied) (appellate court upheld summary judgment on a former teacher's breach of contract and § 1983 claim of sex discrimination)